I had some extra time with the radio show being on hiatus, so I looked up music event where I could bring my kids. I thought I’d share. It’s not an inclusive list – but just to get you thinking about fun things on a rainy Memorial Day!
Como Spring Cafe – music every night at the Como Pavilion, usually at 7pm, except weekends when there are often two acts. The music ranges greatly but it’s a great place to bring kids. Or you can have a walk around the lake and hear music most of the way. There’s a bar and restaurant right there.
Lowertown Sounds – music on Thursday nights in Mears Park in St. Paul. Concerts begin at 6pm. There are food trucks, usually a beer tent and restaurants all around. If you want a seat, bring a chair or blanket.
Music and Movies in the Park (St Paul) – there’s a lot of crossover with the Como list, but there are other events listed as well.
Music and Movies in the Park (Minneapolis) – three isn’t one good list, but this website links to the various location calendars
Open Streets – street festivals held various Sundays all summer. Some locations are more music-focused than other.
- June 1 – Grand Old Day (fun event but often kids can’t get near the bands)
- June 14-16 – Stone Arch Bridge
- June 22-23 – Twin Cities Pride
- July 13-14 – Red Hot Art Fest
- July 19 – Lowertown Blues and Funk
- JUly 19-21 – Highlandfest (Maybe best lineup I’ve ever seen for this event!)
- July 24-27 – Minneapolis Aquatennial Festival